Lana Del Rey - 5 Lolitas (What happens when you layer all four demos and the album version)
This is so sick.
This sounds like it should be a Bond song.
— Here We Are, Reflections of A God Gone Mad (2nd edition)
Anonymous said: Yeah it really gets to me that songs on fearless and speak now are still being held against taylor. she was like 18 or 19 when she wrote them?? she's had time to mature since then and it shows in her songwriting and her public image? some of those lyrics were really ugly and distasteful. but all i can think about is how ignorant and petty and brash i was when i was 19 and be grateful my feelings and opinions weren't selling platinum at the time
YES. I mean, look, in no way am I pretending there’s nothing bad on Fearless/Speak Now, there is definitely stuff there that people have the right to have issues with, but SHE’S MOVED ON. Because the person you are at 16 isn’t the exact person you are at 18 isn’t the exact person you are at 20, etc, etc, etc. The best way I’ve found to show that is through talking about You Belong With Me, specifically how it’s performed in her concerts. I’ve brought this up before at on each of her tours Taylor Swift has performed YBWM in progressively shorter skirts, and that seems metaphorically important to me. It also seems important that in the video the “bad girl” character, to quote Taylor herself, “we wanted something really, really opposite of good girl for the other girl, of course she’s got to be wearing red with just like everything showing and just like glitter" and THIS is what she performed that song (which she also changed the instrumental of to have this 60s girl group vibe going on) in during the Red Tour
A red, glittery, short skirted dress.
- “they called her witch because she knew how to heal herself.”— Here We Are, Reflections of A God Gone Mad (2nd edition)
- “I’m dating everyone I go to lunch with, and I fall in love with everybody I date.”— Taylor on the world’s biggest misconception of her (x)
- WHEN I CAN'T TELL IF SOMEONE IS BEING SERIOUS OR IS JUST REALLY STUPID
- WHEN SOMEONE MISUNDERSTANDS MY OBSESSION
things that could happen the day 1d comes to town
- you are in the front row at the concert and harry looks into your eyes...